Candidate of the Month (January)
PROFILE – Commercial Sales Manager
An innovative, pro-active and commercially astute manager, with extensive sales, business development and operations experience, gained within fast-paced, high-level corporate event management, five star hotels, contract catering, and sports hospitality. (Has worked for recently for FIFA World Cup Brazil, Gordon Ramsey Holdings Ltd, London 2012 Olympics etc.)
With key knowledge and contact base obtained from a client, venue and supplier perspective, and a successful track record of client development, has demonstrated an ability to balance needs and objectives with tactical implementation, and to accelerate growth through yield management, effective networking, stakeholder management and team leadership. I have a proven track record of ensuring a productive, collaborative and profitable business environment.
- In 2013/2014, contributed to a group revenue year on year increase of 27% and exceeded personal targets by 60%
- Lead teams in a variety of operational, and commercial sales environments
- Implemented Saleforce CRM system to drive and develop business, increasing efficiency, productivity and repeat business
- During the London 2012 Olympic Games, with P&L responsibility of a budget in excess of £2.3m, his team achieved an average margin of 30%
- In 2007, he created and implemented a sales and marketing plan which resulted in an 81% increase in revenue
- He developed an existing client account achieving £500,000 of additional revenue from two events in December 2013.
- In 2004, he was awarded the Caterer & Hotelkeeper Acorn Award
- During 2002-2004, he managed a key account portfolio valued at £6m, contributing to a departmental budget of £26 million
- Worked with, and for, a diverse range of corporate organisations, and created a large contact network